Data and reports
The Massachusetts Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program’s Tobacco Automated Fact sheet Information (TAFI) is an online system that creates fact sheets about the impact of tobacco for every community in Massachusetts.
If you have questions about TAFI, please contact the Massachusetts Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program.
Data sources for TAFI include:
- Adult health survey data (Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System - BRFSS)
- Birth certificate data (smoking during pregnancy)
- Mortality data by cause (smoking-related)
- Cancer incidence (smoking-related)
- Hospitalizations (smoking-related)
- Retailer compliance with tobacco sales to minors (Massachusetts Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program)
- Quitline calls to quit smoking (QuitWorks)
- Cessation medication use (the MassHealth/Commonwealth Care tobacco cessation benefit)
For each statistic, the data source is cited on the last page of the fact sheet. New data sources and reports are continuously added to TAFI; fact sheets automatically display the latest available data.
For more public health data on Massachusetts communities, visit MassCHIP Instant Topics.