We’re here for you, to support you. You don’t have to do this alone.
Callers to the Helpline receive specialized coaching over the phone to help them quit smoking or using other tobacco products. Callers can also receive advice on medications, in-person coaching, and how to find out if their insurance covers quit smoking services.
- The Helpline also responds to calls from friends and family members of tobacco users, health care providers, educators, tobacco control professionals, and the general public.
- The Massachusetts Smokers’ Helpline serves an average of 9,000 callers every year, including those who call 1-800-QUIT-NOW and those directly referred by a health care professional through the QuitWorks program.
Smokers who use the Helpline’s counseling services quit smoking at a higher rate.
- Behavioral counseling for quitting smoking, including the type of service available through the Helpline, has been shown to double smokers’ chances of quitting permanently.
- On average, 23-25% of smokers who participate in counseling through the Helpline are still not smoking six months after they call.
When you call, you’ll talk to a friendly quit coach. Your quit coach specializes in helping people quit smoking. You can ask questions about quitting and make a plan to help you quit.
The Massachusetts Smokers’ Helpline is open for calls:
- Seven days a week, 24 hours a day (holiday hours may vary)
- …all other times, you can leave a message and tell us a good time to call you back.
Remember, you can call the Helpline back as often as you want as you quit smoking!
Spanish: 1-800-8-Déjalo (1-800-833-5256)
Other languages: 1-800-784-8669 to connect with interpreter service
The Massachusetts Smoker’s Helpline is now online!
- If you prefer an online quitting option, you can now enroll online to access to email, text, chat, web-based materials, and online quit progress tracking through the helpline website.