As soon as you call the Smokers’ Helpline you will be connected with a quit coach who will help guide you through the process and mail out a packet of information to you.
Our coaches are experienced working with a wide range of people looking to quit smoking. They were trained to help you to set your own pace and to create a personalized quit program to give you all the resources and skills that will help you stay quit.
Your quit coach can:
- Tell you about medicines that can help you quit smoking
- Answer your questions about a quit-smoking medicine you are using
- Talk about little things you can change that will make quitting smoking easier
- Give you personalized, one-on-one counseling over the phone
- Talk with you about avoiding weight gain as you quit
- Talk with you about in-person support groups in your area
Studies show that the methods used by the Massachusetts Smokers’ Helpline really work,increasing your chances of quitting for good by 30%!
Join a conversation with someone who’s quit or who’s trying to quit. Watch Corinne’s story about using support from others to help her quit.
Connect with other quitters in Massachusetts on the Make Smoking History Facebook page.
Get help creating a quit plan tailored for you and participate in the community of ex’s at BecomeAnEx.org.
The Massachusetts Smokers’ Helpline is open for calls:
- Seven days a week from 7am-1am (Monday-Sunday), except holidays
- …all other times, you can leave a message and tell us a good time to call you back.
Remember, you can call the Helpline back with questions any time!
Spanish: 1-800-8-Déjalo (1-800-833-5256)
Other languages: 1-800-784-8669 to connect with interpreter service
The Massachusetts Smoker’s Helpline is now online!
If you prefer an online quitting option, you can now enroll online to access to email, text, chat, web-based materials, and online quit progress tracking through the helpline website.