Ida "I made a plan this time."
Debby "The patch worked for me."
Liz "With a good support system, if you fail, they will help you get up again."
Kathleen "The money I saved by quitting smoking put me in the driver’s seat... of my brand new motorcycle."
Jessica "I was a follower, now I am a leader."
Mike "Smoking had a big effect on my son. I didn't want to disappoint him."
Dave "With help, I could quit on the first try. "
Ed "Believe that you can do it."
Representative Cory Atkins "Since quitting, my life is better in 1,000 ways."
Questions to ask your health plan
To find out how your health insurance plan can help you quit smoking, call the customer service number on the back of your health insurance member card.
When you call, here are some questions to ask:
- Is stop-smoking medicine covered by my insurance plan? If the answer is yes, some follow-up questions to ask are:
- If so, are prescriptions covered?
- If so, are over-the-counter medicines, like the nicotine patch, covered?
- Is there a limit to the amount of medicine that is covered?
- What is the co-pay?
- Is counseling (support) to quit smoking covered by my insurance plan? If the answer is yes, some additional questions to ask are:
- Is group counseling covered?
- Is one-on-one, in-person counseling covered?
- Are local quit-smoking services available?
- Is there a limit to the amount of counseling that is covered?
- Is there a co-pay or reimbursement for services used?
- Are other types of support covered (for example, hypnotherapy or acupuncture)?