Corinne "Ask others how they quit and learn from their experience."
Tito "My family means more to me than a pack of cigarettes. That’s why I quit."
Ida "I made a plan this time."
Dr. Miller "Quitting smoking is the single biggest thing a patient can do to improve their quality of life."
Steve "I went to a cessation class. Peer group support was my success."
Kathleen "The money I saved by quitting smoking put me in the driver’s seat... of my brand new motorcycle."
Michael "Don't give up giving up cigarettes."
Heidi "Now that I have quit, I am healthier and I have lost weight. "
Jessica "I was a follower, now I am a leader."
Questions to ask your health plan
To find out how your health insurance plan can help you quit smoking, call the customer service number on the back of your health insurance member card.
When you call, here are some questions to ask:
- Is stop-smoking medicine covered by my insurance plan? If the answer is yes, some follow-up questions to ask are:
- If so, are prescriptions covered?
- If so, are over-the-counter medicines, like the nicotine patch, covered?
- Is there a limit to the amount of medicine that is covered?
- What is the co-pay?
- Is counseling (support) to quit smoking covered by my insurance plan? If the answer is yes, some additional questions to ask are:
- Is group counseling covered?
- Is one-on-one, in-person counseling covered?
- Are local quit-smoking services available?
- Is there a limit to the amount of counseling that is covered?
- Is there a co-pay or reimbursement for services used?
- Are other types of support covered (for example, hypnotherapy or acupuncture)?